Although breakfast has often been declared as “the most important meal of the day,” it’s often pushed aside for other morning obligations, and well, more sleep. But, the fact of the matter remains: breakfast is important, and you should try to fit it in your busy schedule. You cannot supplement a healthy breakfast, however –no matter what you attempt to order through the nearest fast-food drive-thru.
That’s why Westmount at Summer Cove Apartments is here with some fulfilling, nutritional breakfasts, especially if you have a deadline to meet, an Uber to catch, or a meeting to coordinate. Good thing that there are numerous ways to nourish your body, satisfy your hunger, and avoid excess calorie intake.
• 1 slice of your favorite bread
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 egg
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. With a biscuit cutter or rim of a glass, press hole in the center of the slice of bread.
2. Heat the skillet over medium-low and melt the butter. Once melted, place the slice of bread in the skillet and crack the egg into the hole.
3. Cook until the egg sets a bit on the bottom for 30 to 45 seconds. Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper, then flip after one minute to salt and pepper the other side.
Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
• 1 cup plant-based milk (coconut, almond, or macadamia)
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• Vanilla Stevia drops
• Toppings of choice (fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, etc.)
1. Mix chia seeds with your chosen milk very thoroughly, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Add more liquid as needed to reach the desired consistency. Then, sweeten to taste.
3. Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
At Westmount at Summer Cove Apartments in Houston, Texas, it is clear that we have it all, but we still feel obliged to inform you of essential information. We encourage you to stay up to date with our blogs so that you don’t miss out on upcoming events, new recipes, or day-to-day tips.